Tuesday 5 August 2014

For a contented mind is a continual feast

This blog is devoted to the things that make me content. As much as I'd love to embody the mantra "do what you love" in my day job, there is something about the simple pleasures of a hobby. There is something nice about having something to do in your spare time when you're not worried about your career path, balancing the books or the meaning of life. I found this quote by Joseph Addison from a favourite blog and thought it was fitting:

One thing you must not borrow nor never give away,
For he who borrows trouble will have it every day.
But if you have a plenty and more then you can bear,
It will not lighten yours if others have a share.
You must learn to be contented then will your trouble cease
And then you may be certain that you will live in peace
For a contented mind is a continual feast.


For me, knitting, making and tending to my plants make me the most content. So here is to having plenty of contentment and the continual feast that it may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment